- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Cooking spray or additional butter, for cooking
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract (if using).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be lumpy, and that's okay.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray or melt a small amount of butter in the pan.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges are set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, spraying the skillet with more cooking spray or adding more butter as needed.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings, such as butter, syrup, fruit, or whipped cream. Enjoy!