Here is a simple recipe for making homemade dog treats:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, natural peanut butter, and eggs.
- Add in the water, a little at a time, until the dough is well mixed and forms a ball.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired shapes.
- Place the cut-out treats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the treats cool completely before serving to your dog.
Note: You can experiment with different flavors and add-ins such as shredded carrots, pumpkin puree, or chopped bacon to customize the treats to your dog's liking. Store the treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.