Trout is a delicious fish that can be cooked in many ways. Here's a simple recipe for cooking trout:
- 2 whole trout, gutted and scaled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary or parsley)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse the trout under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Season the inside and outside of the trout with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the trout with lemon slices and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the trout, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Place the trout on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the trout in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the fish. The flesh should be opaque and easily flaked with a fork.
- Remove the trout from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
You can also grill or pan-fry trout. For grilling, brush the trout with olive oil and grill it for 4-5 minutes on each side. For pan-frying, heat up a skillet with some oil over medium-high heat and cook the trout for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.