How to make homemade Bar of Soap
Making homemade soap is a fun and rewarding craft that allows you to customize the ingredients and scents to your liking. Here's a simple recipe for making a basic bar of soap:
- 2 cups of soap base (such as goat milk or shea butter)
- 1 tablespoon of your preferred oil (such as olive or coconut)
- 20-30 drops of your favorite essential oil (such as lavender or peppermint)
- Soap mold
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cut the soap base into small cubes and place them in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the soap base in the microwave in 30-second intervals until it is completely melted.
- Add the oil and essential oil to the melted soap base and stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a soap mold and tap the mold gently on a flat surface to remove any air bubbles.
- Spray the top of the soap with rubbing alcohol to help prevent air bubbles from forming on the surface.
- Allow the soap to cool and harden for at least 1-2 hours or until completely firm.
- Remove the soap from the mold and cut it into bars using a sharp knife.
Note: You can experiment with different soap bases, oils, and essential oils to create a variety of custom soap recipes. Also, be sure to handle the melted soap base with care, as it can be hot and cause burns.